Trust is Earned. Let us Begin.
We’ve teamed up with the Global Animal Partnership to ensure our chickens are Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Step 2 rated chicken products. GAP is a non-profit alliance of producers, retailers, animal advocates and scientists that strive to continuously improve animal welfare. This alliance empowers consumers, so they can make informed purchasing decisions and select the products they prefer.
Why GAP and Not Another Type of Animal Welfare Certification Program?
The GAP program is a leading program and highly recognized in the foodservice industry. We thought it important to use a certification program that consumers were familiar with and one that was understood and trusted. We also appreciate the multi-tiered approach to animal welfare standards, because it provides a unique approach to farm animal welfare certification. To read more about GAP Animal Welfare Standards for specific animals, including Broiler Chickens (which are chickens raised for meat), click here.
What’s Included in the GAP Step 2 Rated Standards?
- Specific-to-the-farm animal health and farm plans
- GAP Standards Training for each farmer
- Daily house checks
- Documentation for footpad and leg health, as well as air quality
- Increased lighting intensity during waking hours
- 6 hours continuous darkness for rest
- Vegetarian diet, meaning no animal by-products
- Independent third-party audit of practices and documentation
- No antibiotics ever
- Enrichments in the houses, further supporting natural behavior